Sunshine: check. Palm trees: check. Heat 30 degrees: what’s not to like?
- If you want to communicate you can do so without words. All it takes is goodwill and the willingness to lose some of your inhibitions.
- Silence is no enemy to communication. Sitting quietly together can create a real bond.
- Always have paper and a pen with you.
- Don’t be afraid to draw – stick people are the high points of my ability, but they get the message across.
- Use your hands, your facial expressions and even inarticulate grunts: anything to help people understand. Unleash your inner actor.